Rules & Regulations
All registered participants and any other guests and visitors to the Cape Town Lantern Parade should read these rules and regulations carefully. They must be observed throughout the event and if you breach them, you will be ejected from the event.
- We reserve the right to refuse your participation.
- It is a condition of entry that you agree to be searched when you enter the site and whenever you enter the performance area. If you are found to be carrying prohibited items then we may confiscate them or we may eject you from the site.
- We reserve the right to search you at any time if we suspect you of carrying any prohibited items or if we suspect you of carrying out illegal activities. If you refuse to be searched then we may eject you from the site.
- We will not tolerate any violent or abusive behaviour towards anyone – you will be immediately ejected. Please co-operate with our staff – they are there for your safety and security.
- By participating in the Lantern Parade you are irrevocably agreeing to be photographed or filmed and for your likeness to appear in all forms of media in relation to the promotion of itsaboutyou.digital.
- The Lantern Parade is not a weather-dependent event and will always take place as planned, barring any emergencies or force majeure.
- Prohibited items: Weapons of any kind including knives, guns and sharp objects, all forms of drugs and selfie sticks.
- Pets allowed on leash only.
- No open flames. All lanterns must be illuminated with LED lighting.
- No loud or amplified music permitted.
- Any instructions given by Metro Police or any law enforcement must be complied with.
- Management reserves the right to alter these rules and regulations as they see fit.
- Our security team is present to make this experience safe and fun for everyone, so kindly cooperate.